Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33 Page 34 Page 35 Page 36 Page 37 Page 38 Page 39 Page 40 Page 41 Page 42 Page 43 Page 446 DELTA JUNCTION GUIDE Delta Junction got its name from the river along which it is situated and from the junction of the Alaska Highway and the Rich- ardson Highway. The town came into being as a construction camp for the building of the Alaska Highway in 1942 and the Fort Greely Army post in the early 50s. The city was in- corporated as a sec- ond-class city under Alaska law in December 1960 it has a mayor council government. The City of Delta Junc- tion does not assess municipal sales or prop- erty taxes. Financial support comes mainly from state and federal revenue-share monies. Delta Junction has a 27-acre park with ball fields and playground. The Delta Commu- nity Library is located just off the Richardson Highway at 2291 Deborah St. across from City Hall and next to the Community Center. The library was constructed in 2004 with Impact Funds from National Missile Defense at Fort Greely. A Community Library has been an important part of Delta Junction since 1960. A modern sanitary landfill has been con- structed and is in use. Facilities for small air- craft include a 2400-foot crushed gravel run- way and a 1600-foot grass crosswind runway completed in 1990. alaskas friendly frontier PATCHWORK Land status within the City of Delta Junction is complex. Major landowners include the State of Alaska the University of Alaska a land grant college private individuals the federal government and the city itself. Of the 9023 acres within the city limits 44 percent is state-owned and 24 percent belongs to the University. city of delta junction BOTTOM COPYRIGHT BIRCH LEAF PHOTOGRAPHY TOP facebook.comSebastianSaarloos